Strategic Plan 2022–2025
Our 2022–2025 Strategic Plan sets an agenda to inspire more and better philanthropy across Australia.
The 2022–2025 Philanthropy Australia Strategic Plan sets an ambitious growth agenda to inspire more and better philanthropy across Australia for the benefit of humanity.
Our vision is for a generous and inclusive Australia.
We launched our new strategic plan into a radically changed world to the one of just a few years ago.
Following the impact of the fires in 2019–2020 and the global COVID-19 pandemic, we now find ourselves in a social, economic and environmental landscape experiencing tectonic shifts. Life is increasingly uncertain, and our planet is under greater threat. In these challenging times, the role of enlightened philanthropy is more important than ever before.
Through extensive consultation with our members, partners and the sector, we have landed on 5 key strategic pillars to guide our work over the next 4 years. We will:
- Engage with a larger and more diverse audience as we build out the wider Philanthropy Australia network and extend our member base.
- Inspire and cultivate a new wave of philanthropy through inspirational stories and campaigns that illuminate the importance and joy of giving.
- Foster more and better giving through accessible guidance, tools and information.
- Advocate for policy, regulatory and other reform to unlock the enormous potential for giving in Australia.
- Invest in our organisation – in our people, our processes and our systems – to ensure an efficient and effective business framework that exceeds our members’ expectations and sustains the organisation for the long term.
Importantly, the priorities identified in our Strategic Plan support the implementation of our Blueprint to Grow Structured Giving – a national framework to double structured giving from $2.5 billion to $5 billion annually by 2030.
The Strategic Plan seeks to ensure that a good portion of the anticipated $1.1 trillion transfer in intergenerational wealth in Australia by 2030 is directed to philanthropic endeavours that change systems and lives. Working with government to open up more giving is a key focus of the Strategic Plan.
As the peak body for philanthropy in Australia, we know that there has never been a more critical time to grow and nurture giving.
We are so looking forward to embarking on this new chapter of our journey with you to inspire more and better philanthropy.